Spes Obliviónis Spes Obliviónis

what did you do to your master? everything feels really compressed and limited. not enough space for your synths and pads to shine.

you got the basics down for trance, just work on your mixing. that supersaw at 2:20 is kinda stale, maybe broaden the stereo and add more reverb / less compression on it.

seriously. use less compression. focus more on volume levels and EQ. thats about it.

nice flow anyways.

cheers.

September Electric September Electric

better techno than most on here! the intro feels a little unorganized compared to the rest of the track. at the

1:30 mark the beat just cuts off randomly. I know you're trying to make it not repetitive, but sometimes repetition is a good thing.

your chord progressions sound a bit off too. kinda amateur-ish I guess. not really sure how to describe it.

you got some really cool sounds in here though. at least this wasn't as generic as most techno stuff on newgrounds !

LuisEC responds:

Thanks sadspade! I'll give your track a few more listens. I'm mostly more versed in the art side of things than the music, but I'll do my best. Thanks for the feedback! hopefully I can do better the next time around - I generally get stuck with transitions, I hear the individual parts fine but just leading the parts into one another is a whole different game. There were a few parts i completely scrapped from this.

The Mongoose Affair The Mongoose Affair

really funky. am I listening to the donkey kong country soundtrack ? I hear a bit of influence from that..

first thing that caught my ear was your organ. it was too loud on the higher octaves. also, your drum fills could use more work for transitions. nothing ever really stood out saying "this is the new section now"

also, any reason why the bass is panned to the left? felt really weird. its a really cool bass sound though.

nice funky stuff brah. gonna listen to the dkk ost now ;)

Azhthar responds:

Actually I didn´t know the donkey kong soundtrack and now I was checking for it. Which part do you mean and which track from the 2h+ soundtracks? ;) I definitely need to adjust the loudness of the organ in the high octaves, you´re right, here. Also will check the drumfills and bass panning. Glad you like it!

Techraid Techraid

nice melodies. very catchy. could use a little less repetition, or at least some other section instead of the same one for 2 minutes.

the ending felt abrupt. maybe add a fade out next time!

review my latest track?

- sadspade

closed your eyes closed your eyes

ah, classic trance. 90s were the best!

you really got to fix ur mixing bud. I don't hear any kick. you focus a bit too much on reverb too and that vocal sample is a bit too much.

nice melodies though. im gonna go listen to old school armin now.

Acids and Basses Acids and Basses

your beats and drum rhythms feel really random. not a lot of organization on any part really.

mixing is cluttered too. not sure if I like some of the acid synths you used.

if you want the bass heard just turn down the volume of some of your synths.

on the plus side, reminds me a bit of aphex twin. kinda nostalgic :)

review my latest track?

Yeelp responds:

When it comes to the drums I see what you mean. I took a look at the drums patterns I made and compared them to the drum loop I used - which I had used to aid the drum patter I made because it didn't feel "wholesome". I totally see where I went wrong there. I didn't want to turn the synths down too much, I just really struggled finding that balance I guess.

But yeah we could totally exchange reviews as well.

Addicted to Minecraft Addicted to Minecraft

really nice. sounds like a more sandbox version of minecraft's music. maybe add a countermelody ? its the same 4 bars repeated for 2 minutes.

could use some fx too. the transitions are rough.

but yeah. nothing too out of the loop here. good stuff

Core preview Core preview

good quality sound. can't wait for the final!

gendancer gendancer

cool track. a few crash cymbals were a bit loud. nice melodies overall, nothing too cheesy.

JMSy responds: